7:30-9:00 AM: CC throws many, many fits.
9:00-9:08: CC plays happily at the church while I exercise.
9:09, 9:14, 9:15, 9:23, 9:27, 9:30, 9:32, 9:45, 9:47, 9:50, 9:52, 9:56, 9:58, 10:03, 10:07, 10:16: CC begs to be picked up.
9:35: CC is scratched rather violently across the face by her two-year-old friend.
10:20: CC is locked out of the gym by virtue of the fact that she can't open doors yet* and Caleb has led her out of the gym and then reentered it without her.
10:21: CC screams at the top of her impressive lung capacity, having apparently shut a door on her wee fingers while locked out of the gym.
10:22: We return home. I take a shower and get ready for the day, which means that I'm blissfully unaware of how the rest of the hour went.
11:00: Caleb is fretting about his imminent lemonade stand. He colors the cost posters while I make brownies.
11:15: CC throws fits.
11:16: CC attempts to scale the shelves in the pantry. Again.
11:20: CC dumps all the toys on the floor in the living room and then is upset that they are no longer in the toy bin.
11:45: Lunch. CC cries at her sandwich.
12:00 PM: CC starts watching the first episode of The Muppet Show. She loves it.
12:15: I put in a second batch of brownies for my slacker visiting teaching.
12:16: Caleb asks every three minutes if it's 1:30 yet so he can start his lemonade stand.
12:20: I send Caleb to find a box to keep his money in.
12:25: We brainstorm a list of people he can call or whose doors he can knock on to drum up some business.
12:45: I start whipping some butter to make some frosting.
12:45:15: A loud crash catches my attention. I turn around to find that Cecily has pushed her high chair against the wall in the dining room, and when she tired of turning the light switch on and off, she knocked a picture off the wall. Shattered glass everywhere.
12:45-1:05: Cleaning up glass.
1:05: CC goes down for a blessed nap.
1:07: I discover that I have precisely 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.1:19: I return from Ream's with four two-pound bags of powdered sugar and finish the frosting.
1:20: Paul makes lemonade.
1:21: I frost and cut brownies.
1:23: We assemble the lemonade stand outside. Caleb runs around like a chicken with its head cut off.
1:30-2:30: Caleb sells out of lemonade, two back-up bottles of powerade, and 24 brownies. Total $9.
I took a short nap before CC woke up, and then the day continued as it had before. Fortunately, however, it was tamale night at Cafe Rio, which can--not quite make up for--lessen the blow of many difficult things.
*The fact that I have mentioned this means that next week she will start opening doors.
There's no way that she and T won't be best friends. Plus, their names are letters. So... you know. There's that.
ReplyDeleteAlso, this made me wish we were with you on this day. We miss you guys something fierce.
I disappointed my nephew, Jacob, BIG TIME, by promising him the chance to sell snow cones during his visit to make money for his beloved Legos set, and then never quite making it happen. Had I only known what you and Caleb were up to, we might have needed to crash the party. Sheesh, I would have bought the whole dang pan of brownies if I had known they were going to be topped with your buttercream frosting.
ReplyDelete