- At what point does one buy new dishcloths? The youngest of mine are, admittedly, 6.5 years old, and somehow they've accumulated all these holes and stains. What? Where could they possibly have come from? I took dishcloths with me last week to teach First Aid to the Young Women (stop and think about that for a minute: Me. Teaching First Aid. Ahem.) and was a little bit embarrassed about their state of disrepair. However. In general, I'm not embarrassed by them. I don't care about their stains or their holes; I just care that there's another clean one in the drawer. Am I being a slob?
- What shoes should I take to girls' camp? (Yes, I'm going to girls' camp. In two weeks. At 24 weeks pregnant. I figure: I'll still be in the second trimester; I should be good. Right? Also: I tend to get called to go to camp when pregnant. Not sure what that's about.) Wearing shoes other than my Earth shoes makes me knees go wonky (I'm blaming this on the loose ligaments of pregnancy, if you're wondering). But really. Who takes Mary Janes to camp? In my defense, they're both sturdy and deeply stained. But maybe I should just take my old running shoes? Maybe my knees only get sore because I have to hold at least one seven-year-old per week on my lap during primary and the soreness has nothing to do with shoes? Or maybe it's wearing heels?
- Should I or should I not teach the semester the baby comes? On the "no" side: getting used to a four-person family without having to grade papers might be nice. On the "yes" side: getting used to a four-person family without having anything to do besides feed and clothe everyone might make my crashing hormones/sleep deprivation all the more severe. But then I might be able to take a nap instead of grade papers if things got dicey. Hmm.
- Is it okay to just buy curtains I like for the baby's room instead of making them? Even though it might cost, say, an arm and a leg? I can't find any fabric that I like well enough to buy (either because it's ugly or because it would be hard for me to match or because it's just not my style). But I'm cheap. It's a dilemma.
22 June 2010
Questions
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1. Go ahead and buy yourself some new dishcloths. You can put the old ones to good use cleaning up yucky stuff like grape juice stains and the oven and for cleaning the bathroom. They won't mind.
ReplyDelete2. Wear whatever feels comfortable. There is nothing worse than being uncomfortable, especially at camp.
3. No answer.
4. Yes.
Hmmm, my answers got progressively shorter. Does that mean something? Nah.
OK, I'll shut up now... :)
1. Dishcloths never get too old, in my opinion. If you begin to get strange looks from YW or company, or something, then they just become "cleaning rags" and you're good to go!
ReplyDeleteI have no suggestions for 2 or 3, other than do what feels good.
4.Whip out that debit card! (and please take pictures of the baby's room when it's done! Also, I can't wait to buy cute girl stuff for my new niece! I wonder what kind of musical cards they have for girls? Don't worry, I'll skip over the Hannah Montana cards.)
Thank you for your unanimous "yes" to buying curtains. Done. :) Sometimes I guess I need permission?
ReplyDelete