And I just want to point out that this picture makes it look like it isn't that bad. (That's because I spent some quality time weeding before I took the picture.) Believe me. It was bad.
So I betook my pregnant self out into the August heat, tempted the fainting gods, and weeded. Paul dug that darn sucker tree out of pure rock, and then he manfully removed the railroad ties (which were attached to the ground with, yes, rebar).
And then we hired a man who knew what he was doing to do a better job than we would. And this is what happened:
Day 1:
On Day 2, Caleb woke up to find a FORKLIFT unloading things from a FLATBED TRAILER directly onto our very own driveway! It was like a dream come true.
And this is what we had at the end of Day 2:
Today, Day 3, brought us this:
Ta-da!
Full disclosure: Note that I haven't included a picture of the view from the deck. That is because the view from the deck is a rather artful* arrangement of rotten railroad ties with bent pieces of rusty rebar sticking out. Baby steps.
*Where "art" is defined as a rather horrific display designed to shock and appall.
Now you can take Caleb to the dump. That will be very exciting. The deck looks great. We can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteI can just picture Caleb's face when he woke up to see the truck. How fun.
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! I want a deck. Do you like the people/person you hired to do it? We need to redo our lovely back porch that is apparently very good for wasps' nests.
Lovely.
ReplyDelete