28 August 2010

Moments from vacation #2.

Bear with me as I stick with the church theme from the last post.

When we first walked into the great grandparents' church building, an older man greeted us in a Donald Duck voice. In retrospect, this is obviously because we had a four-year-old with us, but I think Caleb and I both reacted in the same hesitantly-smiling way--he because he doesn't know who Donald Duck is; I because I was trying to determine if the man had some kind of vocal deformity.

Eventually the man switched back to a normal voice when he asked me if I was Paul's uncle's wife (uh, do I look like I'm 50?).

So, two strikes for him. And that's the end of the story. I just laughed when I remembered how this old man tried to endear himself to Caleb by talking in a weird voice and it didn't work.

1 comment: