01 July 2013

To remember #3.

Paul started a new job last week and therefore spent the week in California. In my week of single parenthood, the unrelenting duties overcame me (the children! why do they insist on being fed all the time!), and I lost my wedding and engagement rings.

On Friday, after I'd done the first three levels of looking, things were getting serious. CC said to me, "What you doin', Mama?"

"I can't find my rings, " I told her.

A light came on in her face: "I know where dey are, Mama! Dey in da bafroom! I go get 'em for you."

Minutes later, she returned empty-handed. "I not find 'em, Mama. Dey not dere. Wet's wook togevver! We can wook in my woom and in your desk and on a sewing machine and in Bubba's woom and we find 'em, Mama."

So we wooked and wooked, but we didn't find 'em.

When Paul got home, he asked CC, "Do you know where Mama's rings are?"

She looked at him, shook her head, and sighed, "I wooked and wooked."

So wise for a two-year-old.

Postscript: Paul took the drier apart and found the rings, slightly broken, but found.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Cecily is just humoring us all by being a kid. She is really a grown up spirit, stuffed inside a little (albeit a cute) body! What a trial it must be for her, but endless entertainment for us. Love, Old Auntie

    ReplyDelete