27 January 2012

Conversations with Caleb.

This morning while we were on our way to school, I was admittedly pretty grumpy. With a business trip on the horizon, a full weekend, and a morning-long fight with Caleb to get his room clean, I was feeling dramatic and put-upon.

Caleb, cheerily: Well, Mama, how's your day going so far?

Me: Crappy.

Caleb: Why?

M: I have too much to do and I don't like any of it.

C: You mean you don't like to do chores?

M: Nope.

C: Me, neither. [Pause.] Well, you know Daddy. The only thing he doesn't like is cold cheese.

M: Daddy does have an aversion to cold cheese.

C: Well, I don't have a versus to cheese at all, not me versus cold cheese or even me versus melted cheese. I like it all.

M: Good.

C: What I don't understand is, why does Daddy like cold cheese on his breakfast burritos?

M: It's a mystery.

C: Does he just get so excited about bacon that he can't help it?

I'm pretty sure this is what Darth Vader looks like after primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment