04 April 2011

Conversations in the car.

At the stop light, we (Caleb) saw a Fed Ex truck.
Caleb: Oooh! A Fed Ex truck! Hey, Fed Ex truck! Please go to my house! ...  [With deep sadness.] Aw, dang it. He turned the wrong way.

Getting back into the car at the Distribution Center at the temple:
Me: Oops! I left my phone in the car. That's not a smart idea.
Caleb: Why?
Me: Because someone might see it and think, "I want that phone! I'm going to break into that car to get it."
Caleb: I bet somebody thought that but then didn't do it. Because the temple is a holy place.

Driving along:
Caleb: Can we paint eyes on our car?
Me: We could...
Caleb: And then paint it red and get a spoiler?
Me: Probably not.
Caleb: Because then we could look like Lightning McQueen!

Still driving along:
Me: [Relating (for reasons now unclear to me) the story of how I got in a car accident at age 16.]
Caleb, after listening to the whole story and asking several questions: Were you just not very smart?
Me: [Laughing hard.]
Caleb, to himself: I probably shouldn't have said that.

Almost home:
Me: Whoops! That was a school zone! I didn't even notice! [And I didn't notice because it was too early for it to be on.]
Caleb: Did you hit anybody?
Me: Nope.
Caleb: Well, that's good. I'd be sad if you went to jail.

2 comments:

  1. I'd be sad if you went to jail, too. And I'd be sad if Caleb didn't notice that you hit someone in your car. And I'd be sad if it had been since forever that we played.

    ReplyDelete