Five years out and I've figured out that that shouldn't have been a worry. At five, Caleb is
the friendliest child I've ever encountered
given to busting a move
a voracious reader
a (sometimes overly) loving brother
deeply interested in not getting in trouble
generally pretending to be someone else (and conniving others to join his imaginary world)
not likely to eat his dinner
always trying to spend time with his daddy
a big helper
a silly face-maker
a teller of horrible jokes
going to kindergarten this year (gulp)
Happy birthday to my surprising, sensitive, funny, tall, scrawny, cheery, delightful son. I am a better person because he was born.


Yes, I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of your dad in a cape. Awesome. Caleb is the best! And you guys are the best parents!
ReplyDeleteI love these photos and captions! Thanks for posting them. I think the cape one takes the cake too!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to one and all - I'm glad Caleb is here! He makes my world much brighter.
Love,
Barb